Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Here’s how you can hack yourself a OnePlus 2 invite

OnePlus finally launched the much awaited OnePlus 2 flagship smartphone at the world's first VR launch event. Its absolutely aggressive pricing caught the attention of millions. In fact, the device hit the first million invite registrations mark within 72 hours.

Given its hyped exclusive invite system, many users try and find the long-lost friend to get their hands on a OnePlus device. The innovation with which fans seek to get access to an invite has now turned a new leaf.

OnePlus 2 invite page

OnePlus 2 invite page

According to Jake Cooper, a software engineer from Victoria, British Columbia there is a way to crack the invite system for the OnePlus 2.

In a detailed post on Medium, Jake Cooper has explained how he was able to get himself a OnePlus 2 invite, not once but twice. Cooper created a Python script that works around the invite system and has decided to opensource it. He also created a repo for the code on GitHub.

Image: OnePlus

Image: OnePlus

If you aren't patient enough to wait for the OnePlus 2 invite, you could just hack your way through. Image: OnePlus

OnePlus invites are also being sold on ecommerce websites such as eBay, but Cooper has decided not to accept any payments for it.

Here's a case of ethical hacking by a fan to plug loopholes in the invite mechanism. Calling himself a fan, Cooper said, "I, like many others, scrambled to get a OnePlus One invite as soon as they came out. I was a loyal fan: I commented on the forums, I shared all the tabloid garbage with my friends, I even participated in their giveaways. I ended up just buying an invite from some random dude on XDA for $20. Needless to say, I've been pretty against the OnePlus invite system for a long time now."

Expressing a familiar eagerness for the device, he added, "When the OnePlus Two rolled around, I made sure to be on the ball and put my email in early and secured position ~9000. However, with the invites for the OnePlus Two, OnePlus opted to allow users to jump the queue by referring their friends to the invite waitlist. Last night I checked my invite status and I was position > 70,000."

Do let us know if you are able to get lucky with a OnePlus 2 invite.

Tags: hack OnePlus, OnePlus, OnePlus 2, Oneplus 2 fans, OnePlus 2 invite, OnePlus invite


Source: Here's how you can hack yourself a OnePlus 2 invite

No comments:

Post a Comment